Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RF Comms Fault and rapidly flashing red light on panel

Options
  • 08-07-2023 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi. I’m having the following problem with my HKC alarm (SW-1070) and I’d appreciate any advice anyone can give.

I have the SMS card installed (GSM-Q) and I got the following messages yesterday:

“RF Comms Flt P56 Point 56” and this message was repeated for all 8 points I have installed. I have 8 wireless magnetic contacts.

I powered off the panel and checked the batteries in the contacts and the 12v panel battery and all are ok. I’m getting 3v reading for every battery in the wireless contacts even though they are 7 years old.

I removed the SIM and powered up the panel and the problem disappeared.

I powered off the panel and re-inserted the SIM and now everything seems to be working ok.

There are now no faults showing BUT the RED Status light on the panel, not the SMS card, is rapidly flashing red.

The signal strength on the SIM card is flashing 5 greens so the signal seems to be good.

I got a Smart Meter installed in mid-May but I don’t think that’s relevant.

Thank you in advance for any help,

Regards

Dermot

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭davidconroy46

Are these complete wireless or are they ID sensors? Because this is coming up with RF comms according to your right up. Please let me know?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭dermotx

They are wireless contacts with inertia sensor. I am no longer getting a fault showing on the key pad screen so maybe the problem has gone away. Maybe the rapidly flashing Status light on the panel pcb was always there and it may not be connected to the original problem with RF Comms. Could it be that the rapidly flashing Status light is meant to be like this to indicate the system is powered up and working. It flashes whether alarm is armed or not.

Thanks.

Advertisement