Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying another power metre?

Options
  • 08-07-2023 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭

Hi everyone, hope you're all having a great weekend.

I'm thinking about adding another power metre to 1 of my bikes at the moment I have two, one of which is the Power2max NG Eco which is a spider-based power metre. The second power metre is a design specific to the Stages SB20, which features their own dual sided crank based power metres.

Both of the power metres above are dual sided. If this is the type of power metre. I am used to using would I be best off in terms of an accuracy standpoint, sticking with dual sided designs. I have no idea which of the two power metres, I own is the most accurate anyway. I believe it is best not to compare your indoor and outdoor power and keep them separate as due to lack of as much cooling inside you will tend to have a naturally lower indoor FTP or at least that's my experience.

I have considered power metre pedals, but I have decided to run SPD on all of my bikes because I like being able to walk around when off the bike and my shoes are carbon fibre, so I shouldn't experience any hotspots due to the pedals small contact patch.

Hopefully the above has made some sense.

Don't let the terrorists in Israel win. Please donate to UNRWA now!

https://donate.unrwa.org/-landing-page/en_EN

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,118 ✭✭✭nilhg

I'm not sure exactly what you want to do, is it to put 2 PM on one of your bikes? Or a PM on another bike you have which has none?

If it's the first you can get Garmin Rally PM pedals in SPD either single or dual sided, they would probably be the way to go but why would you need 2?

If it's the second it would depend on budget, groupset on the bike, BB on the bike and whether you want single or dual sided

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Whatwicklow

I used a left 4iiii for a long time, its was very versatile actors road, cx and mtb. But single sided.

When I am going again it will like be the spd rally dual, same versatility (more even) and dual sided.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭Macy0161

I've been using 4iii single sided for a few years. Obviously Dual or Total power is better, but they've compared* well to Hammer v1.

Stated accuracy, location of the power measurement can all give minor differences, which I chose not to sweat over.

Advertisement