Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY ideas for replacing decking

Options
  • 08-07-2023 8:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

I moved into a house and the decking is falling apart. I need to rip it up but can't pay for professional services right now.

I don't know what's under it, hopefully concrete, but if it's just dirt then I'll need to put something down so the dog isn't tracking mud into the house.

It would be nice to get it to a point where we can stick a table and chair out there and enjoy the garden until we get a chance to do something proper?

What would you do? What's a good DIY option?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭phormium

If it's dirt then my choice would be old carpet face down and a load of gravel on top. Practically no weeds while you decide what to do, the birds/wind will always bring in the odd seed that will germinate even in the gravel but none will come up and the roots of new ones can't get down through carpet.

Advertisement