Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy lacewing or ladybird larvae please?

Options
  • 06-07-2023 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Anyone know where to buy aphid predators like lacewing or ladybird larvae? Any UK companies I found won't ship to Ireland. Thanks in advance.

Tagged:

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,530 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

I remember a few years ago there was a plague of ladybirds. Was very unusual. Hardly ever see them much.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,449 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

To be honest, just buying larvae and releasing them in a garden doesn't guarantee any ongoing population in the area if it isn't naturally conducive to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,073 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I've seen a good few this year, not exceptional numbers but enough to know they are there.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭SnowyMuckish

I think I used to remember getting them from mr Middleton years ago. Memory is a bit foggy but I have a feeling that’s where I got them

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mimisgarden

Hiya, yeah they don't sell them anymore due to Brexit.

• Advertisement
Advertisement