Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boafeng two way radios

Options
  • 06-07-2023 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello

I am a complete novice when it comes to two way radios. I wanted to buy a half decent set with two chargers . From what little research I have done the boafeng BF-F8HP seems to be a well recommend Model . They are for sale on aliexpress at the moment and I thought I might purchase two with accessories from there. I wish to use them with headsets for motorcycle to motorcycle communication and also other activities fishing etc etc. My question is are these radios basically plug in and play for the complete novice . I would really like to know the pros and cons of these radios if any . Are there other radios in the same price bracket as good as the boafeng BF-F8HP is there a newer boafeng model on the market . Any information anyone could provide on this matter would be greatly appreciate.

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

you need to pass the exam and have a licence to use them on Ham frequencies.

they are surprisingly complex for the price and require a lot of programming.

I think bluetooth and regular mobile phones would do the job better.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Mullaghteelin

The latest Quansheng model is likely the newest. The newest models have airband receive.

On Amazon, you might find the Retevis models rather than Baofeng. As good as or better.

Most of the Baofengs are reportedly the same radio in different outer casings. Don't expect major variation from one model to another.

Then you have the likes of the TYT8000D with a genuinely higher capacity battery and somewhat better quality radio than a Baofeng.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 seiko2

Thank you for your reply

I appreciate it .

Thanks for the reply

I appreciate it

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Malmsteen

Hi there.. I agree with the above comments tho Baaofengs can be a stepping stone to the Radio SWL/Ham radio hobby they can be quite hard to program manually. Also you can down load an app for your Smartphone called "Zello" its like a PTT radio but via your fon's cell Signal and you can link it via Bluetooth also and use the VOX (voice activated) facility thats part of the app whilst driving. Hope this helps.... Best 73.

• Advertisement

It is a great help . Thanks a lot for the advice I appreciate it.

Advertisement