Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent TSB and Avant money security text not coming through -please help!

Options
  • 06-07-2023 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi, I'm not getting my one time verification texts for these above so can't access accounts. It's working for another service that I've used no problem. I haven't changed my number or blocked any numbers. Android Samsung Galaxy note 10 phone. I've tried turning on and off airplane mode, cleared cache etc. but nothing works. Lyca mobile is my service provider. If anyone can help to fix I'd really appreciate it. Phoned for help to both helplines but not very helpful and no solution so far.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,699 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Lots of mass text messages simply do not work on MNVOs like Lycamobile. Virgin had huge issues with this for a time, as did ID when they existed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 loganda

Are you still having this problem with verification texts from PTSB/Avant? I came across this thread because I was thinking of switching from Tesco Mobile to Lyca Mobile. I used Lyca Mobile several years ago and this was the exact reason I switched. I'm disappointed to see that it's still happening, though it seems to affect B of I and AIB customers, on various networks, from time to time. If you search Boards for "2fa sms" you'll see.

In another thread, someone with this problem suggests switching to another texting app:

Advertisement