Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many times you had an onsite engineer out to your desktop / tower / laptop under warranty

Options
  • 06-07-2023 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭
    Darth Randomer

Were the visits for the same ( underlying ) fault?

Or was the machine a Friday evening Monday morning sort of build?

Being in Ireland we never had a visit out to our Gateway pc.

How many times you had an onsite engineer out to your desktop / tower / laptop under warranty 2 votes

Once
    0%
    Twice
    50%
    [Deleted User] 1 vote
    More than Twice
    50%
    pah 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,485 ✭✭✭✭banie01

You mention never having had a visit out to your own PC? Yet completely skew the poll by not adding never as an option. As the poll stands, it will only show warranty visits with no reference at all to none.

I've never had a warranty visit, but I have had parts replaced under warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,449 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

A worthless poll with no option to say None.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,530 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Never. In over 20 years with work and home laptops, windows and mac.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭z80CPU
    Darth Randomer

A poo Poll then.

Ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,671 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Being in Ireland we never had a visit out to our Gateway pc.

Did Gateway not have service engineers in Ireland? 😳

I had only one call-out for an issue with the CD-ROM drive on a Fujitsu tower that I’d purchased in the ESB shop. The rubber band had snapped, drive was replaced.

A Dell machine I ordered came with Windows ME pre-installed when I had specifically ordered Windows 98SE. Stern words were had, ended up shipping the whole machine back, 19in CRT monitor and all, had to make a whole new order.

HP laptop couple of years back, had the NVIDIA GPU issue, I think they wanted €280 to replace the motherboard. I took it apart myself, warmed the motherboard up in the oven, got another couple of months out of it.

Lenovos are fairly reliable, though not the workhorses they once were that they could take a battering and still stay going!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

I've never bought machines with onsite support as a consumer.

In work, I've generally never used onsite as I could sort most problems quicker myself with next day parts service. The onsite engineers aren't going to have the parts with them in most cases.

Now, if you mean business storage hardware, I've had plenty of visits for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭z80CPU
    Darth Randomer

My first cousin had the same issue with her own hp laptop with bad Nvidia gpu. Even though in warranty HP wouldn't honour it under it.

She stopped using the laptop. Bad form by hp.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭pah

More than Twice

Never, but i voted for twice or more cos it's a sh1t poll

• Registered Users Posts: 10,449 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Why vote at all? It was so bad nobody else voted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,114 ✭✭✭blackbox

No option to vote for zero.

• Advertisement
Advertisement