Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Siemens SPC alarm - power cut

Options
  • 04-07-2023 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a Siemens SPC 4000 series alarm.

We get a lot of power cuts and the alarm keypad then goes into error mode with two screens, one displaying date of activation and a serial number, the second “RFID” showing a number “EMxxxx” and a “Module” showing “None”. The alarm cannot be reset after this event.

This happens every time we get a power cut of any duration and we have to get the engineer out to reset it. I can’t get an explanation why this is happening every time we have a power cut.

There is a back up battery so I'm surprised why this should happen.

Is this normal with Siemens alarms? Can I reset this myself and if so how?

I have the engineer code.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If anything a power cycle should bring this back to life. Its an issue that used to be more prevalent in the older Signets.Ive seen cases where they never reset . Nut there's no secret fix that your installer is doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭intro

Hi Koolkid,

Many thanks for that.

We had another power cut about an hour after I posted my question!

I should have said that I have a green light on the keypad and a slowly blinking red.

I got an installation manual for the unit.

To do a power cycle is that the “PSU kickstart button” (number 25) mentioned in the manual (see attached)?

Many thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Best to do a full power cycle.Remove the mains power and battery and power back up on mains only initially.

Advertisement