Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tips on wedding dress shopping

Options
  • 04-07-2023 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭

I'm hoping to start wedding dress shopping soon, in Dublin. I don't want to spend a fortune so I'm open to tips on how to get something nice and reasonable. I heard that Dunnes were doing wedding dresses but there's nothing on their website about it. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

Vintage dresses are a lot cheaper, I bought mine in Dirty Fabulous in Monaghan and can't recommend them enough. Second hand is also an option for a cheaper dress, sellmyweddingdress.ie has lots of lovely ones.

Sample sales are also a way of saving money. In Dublin Oxford and Barnados have bridal boutiques with ex sample stock that is much cheaper than what you'd pay in a regular bridal boutique.

Best of luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

The Dunnes wedding dresses are literally white outfits, not traditional dresses. I had no interest spending a fortune on a dress so went to some shops, tried on different styles then bought one online for under €200 and spent €100 getting it altered. You should definitely try on some styles you wouldn't ordinarily go for. The sizing is often off too so don't be surprised if you need one two or three sizes bigger than your normal size.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

I got my dress in Wed2be in Drumcondra. At the time (2019), all dresses were under €500.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭SmallgirlBigcity

Update: I did a lot of shopping around and I think Wed2Be has the best value for money. Most dresses are about 800/900 euro and they're lovely and great quality. But I ended up getting mine in The Bridal Outlet in Baldoyle. It wasn't cheap but it's very unique and once I tried it on, that was it!

Advertisement