Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Series controllers are absolutely awful quality (stick drift)

Options
  • 04-07-2023 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭

I'm on my 3rd Series controller since I bought the console when it came out. They all developed stick drift and there is no setting to allow to change the deadzone so it becomes unusable

The last controller I bought in April. 4 months ago, and last night when watching netflix, the navigaton menu kept appearing. The new one is **** drifting already

I'm not a heavy gamer, only play a few hours a week at most

We have a couple of the old Xbox one controllers that have been going for years and don't have this issue at all

Am I just extremely unlucky or is it affecting everyone else?

I'm not paying for another one of these sh1tty controllers. I'm sending this one back to amazon for a refund. does anyone have any recommendations for good 3rd party controllers that aren't stupidly expensive or have annoying flashing lights

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,510 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

I have this one. There is a wireless version. You can program it via an app for dead zones, change buttons etc etc. But I don't do this.

I haven't had stick drift issue with the controller I got with the Xbox, but I find it uncomfortably "hard". This is a spongier, softer, quieter controller.

I don't game that much.

To be honest, I find the Switch controller to be way more comfortable.

Note: the newer controllers all have stick drift issues it seems. Nintendo, Sony, MS. Seems like a ploy to create disposable controllers.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,813 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

At least the Edge is starting to show the way with replacable sticks, and hopefully they'll use/allow 3rd party develop hall sticks for it. GuliKit intend on doing the Edge first, as it's easier due to the modular design. Just hoping Sony don't stop them.

But I agree with SuperBowserWorld that the Xbox controller is too hard. I say it's like a mechanical keyboard, and I much prefer membrane. Was gonna get the Wingman to use the DualSense on the Xbox, might use it more then. But I've heard great things about those 8bitdo controllers too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I've a tiny bit of drift on my old One X controller which thankfully is used very little these last few years. No drift issues with the Series X controller so far which I have 2y 1m (almost to the day). RB button is not great though, a bit too much Sekiro it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

^^^ Is that a bot? 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Luna84

What do you mean? Unless there was a post deleted by a mod.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

Yes, a post had been deleted. It was a weird one, like an AI generated one about controllers, warranties, how to contact Microsoft etc.

Advertisement