Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dun Oir in Kilternan/Carrickmines

Options
  • 03-07-2023 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Anyone is buying Dun Oir?

We sale agreed a semi-d 3 bedrooms. And we were planning sign the contract and initiat snag. Today I called the foreman and he told me the house is pending ESB to put electricity meter. I was like..... seriously? The agent and developer solicitor confirmed the house is snagging ready. Clearly they were wrong!

We were planning to draw down by End of July as the interest rating is raising.

Anyone has deal with ESB connection for new builds? What is the leading time? So far Dun Oir cannot provide a confirmed date that ESB will be connected. I am worried!

Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭kevgaa

Hi,

If contracts are ready to go you could do like I did and request your solicitor to draw down funds early. It’s does come with risks but I requested my funds 4 weeks early to lock in a low rate and glad I did now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 winter_leaves

Yeah I could. If I draw down early, I don't know how long I need to pay rent and mortgage the same time to wait for ESB ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭kevgaa

That’s the gamble and risk.

Mortgage payments won’t kick in immediately you’ll have about 6-8 weeks after drawdown before the first repayment.

The other thing to look at is the extra monthly repayment over the term of the fixed term of the mortgage. €50 a month over 5 years is €3000 so is it worth it to you.

Keep annoying the foreman as he will be the person closest to things and will give you the best indication of a timeline. Best of luck.

Advertisement