Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One way Flight Insurance/Cover

Options
  • 03-07-2023 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hi all,

My partner and I are currently home on a trip from Australia.

We are flying back to Perth next week with Qatar Airways from Dublin.

As we both live in Kerry we are hoping to fly from Kerry - Dublin on the morning of the flight however will need to book this separately to the Qatar flight and as a result would need to collect our bags in Dublin and check in again for the next flight.

We would land in Dublin at 11.35 and be due to leave at 15.10 which would usually allow plenty of time for baggage collection and check in however a few of these flights from Kerry have been delayed recently so we are a bit nervous about not having enough time.

1. Does anyone know if there is a way to purchase insurance for a one way trip such as this? All travel insurances I have found online require a return date.
    2. If the Ryanair flight to Dublin were to be delayed causing us to miss the Qatar flight, would Ryanair be required to compensate us for the cost of the next flight or is this not the case with separate bookings?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Comments

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,194 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Maybe fly up the day before and stay in a hotel for extra reassurance? Ryanair would not have to compensate you if you missed your Qatar Airways flight. Separate bookings. They would not even compensate you if you had 2 Ryanair flights booked. They don't do connecting flights.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 TheKitchenSink

Thanks for the reply, I thought as much about Ryanair.

We would prefer not to travel up the night before if possible, the time at home is precious enough without losing another night!

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,194 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Ah ya fair enough. Lived abroad myself for a few years so I understand. Hope you get sorted.

Advertisement