Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a rugby match for a visitor to watch in July please?

Options
  • 03-07-2023 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭

A friend of mine is visiting Ireland from Germany from 11th to 29th July. He is a big rugby fan and is asking me if there are any matches he could see while here (even small /local club games). I don't know much about rugby beyond the 6 Nations and World Cup! Can anyone recommend a game or two he could see? Anything in or around Dublin would be great. Thanks, Brian

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

It's off season, there won't be any club games. If he'd be on for going to a Rugby League match, there may be some on (google Rugby League Ireland for fixtures)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

It will be off season but could be some leinster age grade games played though as they prepare for interpros in august/September

They are rarely if ever advertised so hard to find when they're on

For example EIRA are an American academy group who have travelled to play in ireland before and are travelling here again in late July. They are likely to be playing in Dublin for a game or two but no fixtures have been confirmed yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,826 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

There are no matches of any significance in July. In fact, all but touch or tag rugby is avoided because of the hardness of the ground.

Teams with high level players will maintain conditioning work only. The Club game will not return until deep into the Autumn.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Go to an Irish Pub and watch RC matches and the u20s RWC final. 😀

Advertisement