Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airbnb Taxation and Expenses

Options
  • 03-07-2023 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭

My aunt is doing Airbnb a few nights a week and has been buying stuff for the house and guests. I'm wondering if she could claim this stuff back on her myrevenue. Or is that possible only if she becomes a 'sole trader'...

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

She won't be able to claim it back

Depending on the nature of the expenses they may be able to reduce her taxable profit however

If her taxable income is less than €5k she does not need to register for income tax, it can be included on a standard Form 12. If above €5k, she is required to register for income tax with Revenue and file a Form 11

I would get her to speak to an accountant to get her to talk through all of this properly

Advertisement