Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online cigar shops

Options
  • 02-07-2023 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Is there only two online cigar shops in Ireland I can only find Foxes and Decent cigar in Dublin also is anyone getting cigars successfully shipped from anywhere else online thanks

Best Answer

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

The moderator is incorrect. <mod snip>, in the UK, is entirely legal and is one of the few that ships to Ireland via Royal Mail and An Post. Excise duty might be charged depending on the order.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

You are incorrect, naasrd. The T&Cs of that site, condition 8 specifically, says that it is compliant with UK law only. So, just like every other non-Irish site, it looks like they'll simply post tobacco to Ireland and what happens afterwards is none of their concern. This is illegal.

I'm happy to continue debating this if you have anything which shows that, for example, they're VAT registered in Ireland, which is one of the legal requirements. But please don't name them in-thread again.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,543 ✭✭✭✭briany

If you can find a cigar shop in the EU which ships abroad, then, in my experience, you'll have a 95 percent chance of receiving the goods. I can say that with a lot of experience in doing it, having purchased at least several hundred cigars in this way over the last several years, and another parcel on the way that's already been sorted and will be delivered to me, Monday, for an absolute fraction of what the equivalent would cost me to buy locally with the utterly ridiculous duties and excises placed on them here. You'd want to have more money than sense to be buying them in Ireland if you smoke on anything like a regular basis.

Advertisement