Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrongly Accused for Using Phone while Driving

Options
  • 01-07-2023 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I was followed by Garda while driving slowly looking for parking along on the roadside. They accused me for using a phone while driving. I was really shocked to hear this, as i was not even aware where my phone was, i had no intention at all to use the phone, i was infact looking for a parking lot! The lady said she saw me using a phone and i dropped t when i saw them. When she asked where my phone was, i pulled my two phones from the left pocket, the pocket was even strapped by the seat belt. I couldn't believe i was being charged for something i never did.

She insisted she saw me using the phone, and i had not used my phone at all, neither did i touch it. Infact my phones were beyond reach. To say the least though it may be said irrelevant, i had no call history on my two phones for the day.

garda says ,if i do not want to pay the fine (which is acknowledgement of guilty), i can wait for summons to court. Even in court, it may still be my word against Garda's word. I have no history of such fines or any road traffic fine to my name.

How can i be saved from this false accusation form garda?

Post edited by Spear on
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,663 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

We don’t allow threads looking for legal assistance. If you’re in legal trouble, go and see a solicitor.

Discussion closed as it’s not disputing a warning, points or ban.

-Shield

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement