Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scrapping JCB C3 Mark 2 or 3

Options
  • 30-06-2023 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭

I've an old JCB (1970s) that I'm looking to get rid of.

Hasn't been started up in 20 years.

It's just been sitting idle.

Also have a thwaites dumper from the same period. This does start up.. had it running a while ago.

Is there any company that will just take these away or even is someone would buy them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 r65

Hi Micar,

did you ever get rid of the JCB 3c?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭micar

• Registered Users Posts: 26 r65

Stick them both up on Done Deal, if you are realistic with the pricing, you'll shift them.

Try and use a mobile phone other than your main one, so that you can turn it off once sold.

Scrap price is between 130 to 160 euro per ton, and a 3c mk3 is about 7 tons weight.

Or take a few pics and put them up here 'till we see how it looks.

Has it the "4 in 1" front bucket?

If so, I might be interested.

I'll take a few photo and will stick them up.

The front bucket is there alright as well as the back one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭9935452

If the dumper is running and driving it will make 500 to 1000 euros handy enough

• Advertisement

Pics

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭kincaid

Also these scrap merchants will deduct a fair bit it for the tyres on, I got 1560 stg for mine, it was mk1 but took 190 off for the tyres

Advertisement