Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech cs350 Alternative with compatible wiring

Options
  • 30-06-2023 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi All,

I have a CS350 installed with wiring down to a fine art hidden neatly everywhere.

I am looking for suggestions of a modern Alternatives, may be internet enabled, that would be compatible with the existing wiring of the CS350.

Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The Siemens Vanderbilt 4320 or HKC 10270 would both do the job for you with zone hardware being able to be adjusted to match the existing configuration.

Vanderbilts app and remote access is free . HkC has an annual or monthly subscription charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

But free at a cost.

The Vanderbilt free option is depending solely on WiFi or a LAN to get a signal out

If the power fails and the alarm activated during the power cut , the free will not work, all that will be received will be a Comms fault at the time of the power cut.

The very reasonably priced HKC option is a Comms card that connectes to both Wifi and also to GSM networks via a World Sim, so it is not even reliant on a single mobile providers network. Obviously in the event of a power cut with the HKC option you will get the Wifi Comms failure but in the event of an activation, the customer will also be notified of that and they can still remotely connect to the system.

You get what you pay for, I know what I prefer

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Ohhh I'm so glad to be away from the domestic market with all this sales speel. Yes ,with every offering thers pluses and minuses so do your research. SPC too can be set up with GSM and other back ups but is not as straightforward. One positive is SPC will notify total path fails in minutes .HKC will notify 5 Hours. .!!

Standard - €9.99 per month (Incl. VAT)

• Managed World SIM
    • Unlimited App control + notifications
    • SMS control + notifications, fair usage limit 50 messages per month
    • (* Alarm activations only)
    • Loss of connectivity to site detected within 5 hours

My advice is decide on your needs and requirements and purchase accordingly.

Be honest will you please ?

Again bearing in mind getting what one pays for.

I think I've explained that. I am no longer involved in the domestic marketing I've no skin in the game either way.

The way I see the domestic market going is this. .. Homesecure/ Phonewatch/ Network security/Action etc are on a race to the bottom . Homeowners /domestic customers are simply not willing to pay for a higher level of security. It will come down to this or may even go lower where the likes of Amazon Google etc will happily supply and monitor your home alarm for nothing in exchange for your data..

You are never going to convince the domestic customer of anything different. They will go with whatever is easiest and cheapest.

It's over move away from it.......

On the other hand Commercial Industrial and corporate clients have a much higher level of liability and responsibility. They are unable to ignore their obligations.

But feels free to happily keep arguing it . No skin off my nose ,I've no interest. I've no skin in the game just offering free advise..

• Advertisement

I have no idea why you are gone so far off the point.

Yes, as you brought it up, the rat race to the bottom is certainly going on in the domestic sphere, as always the rule of you pay for what you get will also apply there.

We both know what the likes of those selling hard into the domestic market are peddling.

My reference to you being honest was perhaps to broaden your reference to HKC's polling rates, you know as well as I do that they can be set to 10 mins.

But I doubt many domestic customers have an interest in, or want that neverlone pay for it.

I brought it up as its relevant to how the self monitoring market is going to go.

Domestic customers are never goung to be interested in paying big money for higher levels of monitoring that's why I offered the various free options as well as HKC .

On the commercial and corporate side where it is important it would be IP along with Gradeshift and the likes anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Drifter100

The OP asked a question. If the wiring is all good and intact HKC10270 is the one to go for. Are you doing it yourself

No argument

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭upsilon

Wow and I thought board.ie was an empty space. Boy I stand corrected... thanks for all your inputs.

yes HKC10270 will work with my wiring thanks. yes it was setup myself never had any problem in 20 years, just changed sensor once.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

The HKC panel is a good panel but there may be an issue, getting an up to date installation manual may be tricky, HKC are not giving access to that level of information if you're not a member of the PSA rip off, and there are some aspects of the panel that are challenging without access to the manual, as I discovered last autumn, and their support people don't always have access to up to date information, which caused problems when configuring the WiFi connect, due to missing characters in the character map.

Also, while you can get access to the app, they won't allow IP monitoring if you don't have a PSA account to set it up, hopefully, before too long, with Google and Amazon coming into the alarm market, the PSA will end up failing, and be quietly let die by the government, it's become a closed shop restriction and serves very little real purpose at this stage.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,654 ✭✭✭✭altor

They are expanding into other parts of security and fire so can't see them going anywhere soon.

IP Monitoring needs to be done by Licensed installers as the grade changes on the system for monitoring stations.

Advertisement