Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long should account deletion take?

Options
  • 28-06-2023 7:31pm

I mailed the hello@boards.ie email address on Monday evening requesting the closure of my account and the deletion of the associated data.

I’ve received a few holding style emails since, but no clarity on when I can expect the actual account to be deleted?

I responded to a vague mail on data deletion protocols asking if the process would be quicker if it was just a matter of closing the account and have received no response. Can this please be resolved.

Post edited by Beasty on

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,098 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It can take up to 30 days.

Thanks for your response. Is that because of the data deletion component or purely just for account closure?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,098 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It's a general catch all for both cases. Usually it's much quicker than in practice.

Advertisement