Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

usb's (kindle and external drive) not loading but charging

Options
  • 28-06-2023 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

any help would be VERY much appreciated. I have a kindle and an external usb drive and neither are being recoignised on my Dell laptop or the new Mac Airbook i recently got. I have tried numerous usb ports and usb wires but still not change. Both devices will charge wen connected but neither of them are showing on explorer window or on the mac.

Can anyone please advise what im doing wrong... ive tried google for silution but nothing has shown up. Looking to transfer files from my PC to the kindle and also access files on the external drive.

Please advice

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

USB external drives do not have batteries - nothing to charge. From that, if known good usb lead was already tested, i would say port on computer could be at fault.

Test different device on the port, test kindle and drive on different computer

Some times Windows devices do not mount drives automaticaly - see if it show up in disk management, set it from there with "letter". Not sure how it goes with mac.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

Thanks very much for feedback

I have tried different usb ports for the kindle and external drive. Kindle not showing anywhere but it is charging when plugged in as the power light is green and battery icon is charging on the interface of the kindle.

It is not visible on device manager at all.

Any further sugestions would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Usb drive - make and model?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

usb c cables have a lot of different versions . if you have other cables for a phone id try it

Advertisement