Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not given AVC relief on employment in 2022 which was deemed non pensionable

Options
  • 28-06-2023 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

I have made a 2022 claim for AVC relief on a single pension contribution. I worked for two companies last year. One of which I still work for. The company I still work for, I started a company pension in March 2023.

After receiving an update on my claim, Revenue says that they cannot allow my period with current company in 2022 to calculate AVC relief. Only the first (previous) company which I had a pension with. Are they correct in this calculation?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Cairnq1

Additional voluntary contributions can onily be made by a member of an existing pension scheme. As you became a member of your current employers pension scheme in 2023 then AVC's can only be made relative to that scheme from that date forward. Contributions to AVC's in 2022 can only be made relative to a pension scheme you were a member of in that year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,443 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

How could you make an AVC with your current company when you weren't in the pension scheme at the time?

Advertisement