Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BIK

Options
  • 28-06-2023 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭

Hi.

Anyone have a company car currently. Are the new BIK rates really that bad ?

Regards,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

They can be quite harsh depending on the emissions category that the car falls into, and the tax charge will be circa 48-52% if you're on the higher rate of tax so it can quite expensive

If you can get a van it is a flat 8% charge now no matter the emissions

Electric vehicles will have a reduced charge, they were exempt until the end of 2022 but that has now come to an end

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭kerb

HI do you know if a Toyota Landcruiser commercial jeep is considered a commercial vehicle like a van so bik would be calculated at 8% ??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭Homer

As far as I am aware for it to be considered a commercial vehicle like a van there cannot to seats behind the driver (thats what my accountant informed me) a few years back when I was looking at a 5 seat jeep which would have commercial tax and be allowed in loading bays etc but didn’t qualify for the lower rate of BIK

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭steinbock123

Once there’s seats behind the driver it’s classed as a car so full BIK.

Advertisement