Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driven insane by flies in the house - please help!

Options
  • 27-06-2023 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi All,

Hoping someone here can help or guide me in the right direction!

I have what I can only describe as a fly infestation in my house. It is confined to a couple of rooms, and it started after I had the back garden resurfaced.

We keep all our windows and doors closed so could not work out the source – they seem to come from nowhere.

It started out as a small number of greenbottle flies in our kitchen everyday clinging to our velux windows (which we initially thought were the source of the issue), then it grew to 20 and up to 50 files invading our kitchen and bathroom. We keep these areas usually really clean and tidy. We have been swatting them and opening the windows just to let them out each day.

We had a pest removal company out to take a look, they checked behind the kickboards etc and could not find anything. They sprayed down the skirting (suggesting there may be something rotting in the wall – although there is no smell). They suggested to get a drain CCTV survey which we did and nothing odd was detected.

The flies died down for a couple of days after the pesticide spray but they are back and bigger and darker in colour. I am at my wits end because I like to keep the place clean so any advice would be welcome!

Thanks

Comments

Advertisement