Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft Outlook - muting an email account?

Options
  • 27-06-2023 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭

Windows 10 x64

I have four email accounts set up in Microsoft Outlook.

One of those accounts has been frozen by the provider since I'm not working for them at the moment.

However, every time I open Outlook a pop-up window appears asking for login details for the account, which no longer work.

I don't want to delete the account because of the folders linked to it and because I may have to use it again in a few months.

So, can I mute it so that Send/Receive only checks for the other three accounts and not this one?

Many thanks.

D.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

No, as long it is pinging to exchange it will be promting for pass.

You can, export all data from that account to PST file, delete account, then load the file to outlook - you will have access to historical mail in that account without any new messages. Once account access restored you just add it again

Advertisement