Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Name on the lease moving out.

Options
  • 27-06-2023 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭

I've got a 4 bed rental that has been rented since January. 4 single guys living there, late 30's , early 40's, Polish,all nice lads. Only one of them speaks english. He is terrible with money and often rings saying he has a funeral, can't pay, is e30/40 short etc. I only put one name on the lease, a responsible guy, but he speaks very little english and gets someone to translate if he needs to talk to me or vice versa.

The guy on the lease is moving out, I'm not happy giving a new lease to the other lads, as there is always some sort of issue, but there will be one more moving in when the 'leaseholder' moves out.

When he moves out, do I need to do a new lease? I doubt he is going to give me the correct , or any written notice etc about moving out. Where would I stand then if I wanted to give termination notice at a later date for non-payment of rent.

FWIW, I gave the leaseholder a 2 year lease, but I'm not gonna be a d**k and tell him he has signed it, he has to stick to it. We all have lives and he has a reason to move on, so I don't want to put a bad vibe on it.

Suggestions from the humanity side, the legal side, and the financial side are all appreciated, to help me do the best thing for all of us.

Thanks.

Post edited by L1011 on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

Can Mod close the thread please- I got it sorted-thanks-

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement