Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anything to be done to help a injured baby bird

Options
  • 26-06-2023 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭

Found it on the ground, brought it inside. Leg is furiously twitching. Anything I can feed it with. Should I surrender it to a vet?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,331 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

only seeing this now - did it succumb?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

No it’s alive and still rattling about in the Tupperware I placed it in whenever I approach it.

It’s got reddened exposed skin between its body and right wing when it extends the wing.

I thought about feeding it muesli but maybe something from a fishing shop would be better…live bait?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,331 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

where are you in the country? you'd need to get food into it soon, and that's not an easy job AFAIK unless you've training and the right food.

i know of kildare wildlife rescue and a few other places near the east coast.

I live in Poland. I’ve contacted some animal aid agencies.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,437 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

The First rule is do not interfere. Leave it where you found it. The patents would have fed it.

• Advertisement

Brings back memories of an injured bird a pal found in school many years ago. He brought it to the headmaster who said the bird was beyond help and took the boy out to the yard, went to a blackthorn bush, picked off a thorn and stuck it through the bird's neck. 😱I kid you not. As I type this some 40 years later, I'm staggered by what he actually did.The headmaster in question was actually a child beating monster-he'd be in prison now if her were alive, so with hindsight it's par for the course in his behavior.

OP countless birds get injured and die for whatever reason-we just don't see them.

It was on the ground. How would they have brought it to a safe position?

Advertisement