Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO advice- Applied biology and biopharmaceutical science in ATU

Options
  • 26-06-2023 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I'm still not sure what to put down on my CAO before the change of mind closes on the 1st of July, I have been interested in this course in Galway as I love biology and all the modules that are on the course. The only thing im confused about is what kind of jobs I would be able to apply for after I graduate.

This is what it says on the website "This programme will prepare graduates for employment in the extensive pharmaceutical, biomedical and healthcare sectors in Ireland. Many opportunities also exist in the area of environmental protection, food quality and safety, the regulatory agencies and research. Students will gain a professional qualification that will enhance their prospects for career advancement to managerial positions,"

It sounds pretty vague to me and i'm still uncertain as to what I could do with this degree in the future and what kind of salary I would be on. I emailed someone from the course but they basically just told me to look on the website.

I was wondering if there are any graduates of this course or a similar course that would be able to tell me about the course and what kind of jobs you're in now and how hard it is to find work.

Advertisement