Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charity shop timex.

Options
  • 26-06-2023 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

Hey lads I bought a nice little Timex in my local charity shop for a tenner. The face size and large strap seemed to me that it is a men's watch but a lot of the Google results are mixed some suggest it's mens some suggest it's designed for ladies. (See second pic). What do ya think, I'll prob wear it regardless. Model no. T2P382

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I guess traditionally lighter dials would be aimed at women, but if you like it, wear it.

It definitely does not jump out as a women's watch to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Yea that's pretty much my thinking. I quite like the beige band I don't have anything else with that colour in my box.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,441 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Looks to be labelled as a Men's watch on Amazon.

I quite like the dial colour, don't think it's feminine at all. I think it's maybe the strap that might be doing that, might be worth trying another colour?

Its labelled mens, women's and unisex on various sites. Timex themselves seem to have marketed it towards women if the stock pic above is accurate. Perhaps they play both sides of the fence with neutral coloured watches. I think I'll keep the stock strap for a bit of variety I've far too much tan, black and steel.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,481 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Nice find and if you like it? Wear it. I'd wear it without a 2nd thought as a men's watch and I'm 6'5" and built to match 😉

Proper wrist size V gender assessment can only be completed when our Giant with Giant wrists 😁 Unkel chimes in tho.

• Advertisement

Oh don't worry I'll wear it regardless, Im secure in my manhood I tells ya. 👀

• Registered Users Posts: 14,965 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

It's a lovely looking watch so who cares. Lots of gents even wear some ladies G-Shocks. If you liked it, that's all that matters. It's a cracking find for €10.

Advertisement