Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Artificial Grass - Weeds and Growth coming through?

Options
  • 24-06-2023 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭

2 years ago I got artificial grass on my smallish back garden. Am legally blind so no garden maintenance was a big advantage.

All good last year but this year there has been a fair bit of growth mainly at the edges but also in the centre predominantly on one side. About a month ago I just removed what I could but there has been regrowth since. Didn't expect this at all

I got a fully registered company to install invoiced with full VAT etc for peace of mind. Before I go back to them I just want to check if this seems like an installation issue or to be expected. This is not my area if expertise at all but have read that a weed membrane should be fitted when installing to prevent this?

Any thoughts or advice in this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭standardg60

A weed membrane would have helped in the middle but not at the edges. If the likes of scutch grass wasn't removed fully or sprayed off it will find it's way through eventually.

Anyway it's nothing a blast of glyphosate won't sort pretty quickly anyway OP.

Doubt you'll get much response from the company after two years, nothing is completely maintenance free.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Maintenance of Artificial Grass includes a lot of brushing (monthly), occasional removal of leaves and debris plus a twice yearly herbicide application. Artificial grass is great at collecting fine dust and particles that go to make up soil and creates good conditions for weed seeds to germinate.

Wake me up when it's all over.

Advertisement