Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firearms Couriers Trouble

Options
  • 22-06-2023 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Well lads, so I'm I've bought a gun in uk coming in through Northern Ireland, gun dealer in the North has just been told that dpd or fast way are no longer be transporting firearms to the south.

So does anyone know another courier authorised to carry firearms?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭CharlieR

Can you not arrange for a local dealer to arrange delivery?

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭nigelm485

Only option we have yet is for my local dealer to drive up and transport personly, try get your dealer to drive 8 hours Monday to Friday. Just putting the feelers out to see if anyone knows a courier

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Sika98k

Get it licenced. Get a N. I. Visitors permit. Go get it.

Right, I was told today export licence to private individual would take 10 weeks to process, were as export licencing to firearms dealer would only take a couple of days. I'll look into that thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,956 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Get up to the border yourself and meet the NI dealer and do a handover on the border?Ridiculous and looks and feels as shifty as Fk,but that's what we are forced to do with stupid legislation.

Also, this is becoming a big problem with imports from the UK into the EU, as well as that you are required with the EU companies, to send TWO separate parcels for security.IE most of the gun in one parcel, mags and bolt in the other. Thus increasing the price of course.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭garrettod

Has the dealer in the North not got someone down here (namely a licenced dealer in RoI), that he could send it to, for you?

Granted, there may be a small charge involved, but it's gotta be worth asking, if you haven't done so, already.

Thanks,

G.

Yes it was all set up with my local dealer here in the south, then the dealer in the North and there not a small operation. Called to say they have now no way to legally transport it to my dealer in South with fastway and dpd no longer carrying firearms.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭freddieot

Have you tried GLS or DHL to see if maybe they can do the transport.

Yea no from both when crossing border. I called 5 or 6 dealers down here today, I have a lead of a man who will go pick it up and sort out the import licencing. I'll know more Monday thanks for your help lads

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Wadi14

Who ever told you that is telling you porkies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,035 ✭✭✭clivej

Try Express 48 😊

Advertisement