Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TADO Wired Thermostat in Bathroom

Options
  • 21-06-2023 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

Is it OK to put one on the wall inside the bathroom from a safety and regulations perspective?

The builder has said it's against regulations and put it outside, but of course that means it's going to read the temperature of the hallway outside. In theory I could heat the bathroom and it would never go off, setting it to 25, the bathroom would heat to 25+ and the hall temp would still read 20 (say)...

Any help/pointers/links appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,144 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Builder is correct. However, it's possible to link some stats to a probe. The probe goes in through the wall and can be contained in a box.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭CHorn

I guess I could then get a wireless TADO Thermostat for INSIDE the bathroom, then link it to the wired one outside in the hall. The wireless takes care of the temp, the wired one just issues Boiler on/off/heating instrux...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭whizbang

The Tado is battery powered ..?

If you could arrange a 12v boiler switching link you would be ok, but maybe not so easy to do.

But I don't think I would rely on the bathroom temperature to control house heating.

Advertisement