Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House insulation companies around Sligo

Options
  • 20-06-2023 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,171 ✭✭✭✭

Having a tough time getting this done. Need the house wrapped and attic insulated but after trying several companies on the SEAI list of registered tradesmen I'm not getting anywhere. Some too busy, some not working in Sligo anymore despite being listed as such and others simply not answering phones/emails (busy I guess).

Thought I'd ask here to see if anyone has had similar work done and can recommend a reliable company?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,821 ✭✭✭✭muffler

External insulation?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,171 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭northknife

Try Brusna.

A lot of townies 😉 actually forget that once you turn right at ballisodare, that you still are in Sligo for quite a distance 😂

https://brusnaenergysolutions.com/external-wall-insulation/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,716 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

I'll check my phone log in the morning but I think Brusna is the company I called and they told me to call back in 6 months 😄. The woman I spoke with was very friendly though.

Everyone in the business seems to be mad busy.

I don't think I have. Thanks for the recommendation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭sligopaul

I would second Brusna

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭worlds goodest teecher

I used Brusna a couple of years ago, very good.

There is a crowd near belleck

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Chauncey Gardner

I'm aware its not what you're specifically looking for, but have you considered internal wall insulation? ie: my house has no cavity so couldn't be insulated, so I had the external walls insulated internally (with insulating board and re-plastered). Worked well, and affordable.

Considered it but it seems like there's a lot of work involved for my house given the placement of radiators and power sockets in the living room, 2 of the bedrooms and kitchen. I'd need a plumber, a spark and possibly a tiler! The external wrap seems the easier option for me.

Did any of your external walls in the kitchen have worktops/cabinets on them? I've been wondering how they deal with that when doing the internal wrap. Do they take them off the wall to install the insulated boards or is there no insulation on those external walls? Also the bathroom wall(s) if they are tiled? You might have been lucky and not had to deal with that scenario though.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Chauncey Gardner

I'm just heading out for a bit. I'll pm you later this afternoon. I got one guy who got the others in as required (plasterer/spark/plumber/chippie).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

Think they all have long lead times due to volume of work.

Have you tried Doohan Insulation & Abbey Insulation ?

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Confirmed!)

Doohan - I have that in my phone history but no answer the two days I called. I might try them again on Monday.

Abbey - Only do cavity wall jobs unfortunately.

Yeah, it seems everyone is busy. I checked my phone history and it was Brusna who said 6 months as I thought in an earlier post. I think Brusna are doing a lot of government jobs though so I'm hoping if I can get a spot with someone it won't be as long.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭johnire

Superior Insulations who are based in the Charlestown area. I really can't recommend them highly enough. The job they did was excellent. Damien is the owner and he's a pleasure to deal with. First class outfit.

Advertisement