Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tubber Lane Open?

Options
  • 20-06-2023 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭

Tubber Lane is a lovely quiet option when cycling from Lucan to Hazelhatch or it was until a major road to Adamstown was built across it last year. Substantial fences were put up turning the Lane into two unconnected cul-de-sacs. As I'm leading a club spin in that general area on Thursday, I'm wondering if anyone knows if it's still blocked or has been reopened.

Google Maps shows it blocked although Street View doesn't, the TFI website still shows it as the recommended route to Hazelhatch and I can't get through to SDCC.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭devonp

its open again MP, or was on it the last few weeks, yes its now two separate bits and you have to cross the new road

the Stacumey lane part(from the T-junction near the new forensics labs ) is now also a fair bit busier due to the new garden centre (The Plant Collector, has a cafe!) and cars driving to it

(recovered yet from the Evil ?)

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭columbus_66

It's been open a few months now, just one road crossing, and it's a great way to get out of Lucan into the countryside.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

Thanks to you both.

Yes, the combination of the Park, Strawberry Beds, Tubber Lane and the Grand Canal is a great route when heading west from town. Will watch out for the extra traffic near the garden centre devonp and, yes, I think I'm okay but Thursday will tell.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,985 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

The section from Lucan golf club to the new road is a cul-de-sac for cars with bollards just before you get to the new road (there is a turning circle there). The section from the new road to Hazelhatch is open at both ends and is as it used to be.

If you're heading in a large group then those at the front will obviously need to alert the group as to the bollards.

I haven't really noticed much traffic due to the new plant nursery. Incidentally, I visited it with my wife six weeks ago and we found it to be quite expensive for plants and didn't have what we were looking for. The cafe at that point was pretty basic looking (canteen style almost) so we didn't bother going in to it)

Post edited by Seth Brundle on

Advertisement