Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do next, Gran fondo or just a few mini rides from one location

Options
  • 19-06-2023 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Good Afternoon,

Planning a trip next year abroad and we are wondering should we just go to Palma or Girona or AN other location rent a house for a few days and do a few cycles. The past 9 years have been doing Gran fondos and its months preparation for just a equipment check cycle the day before then the main event and done!

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭lissard

Speaking personally, if I travel for cycling I much prefer to take in an area over a number of days. You could easily take a tough Grand Fondo and split it into multiple days of cyclo-tourism. e.g. The Marmotte could be two to three days out of Bourg d'Oisans and no-one is physically destroyed after a days cycling!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,299 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Some in my club just back from a trip to Italy and based themselves out of a hotel (I think Bormio) - sound like it worked great for them as a self organised trip. Obviously there's also supported options via companies for the alps, italy etc.

Advertisement