Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling watches online

Options
  • 19-06-2023 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi all,

Just looking for some advice, I'm thinking of selling my 2022 Panerai PAM1086 and 2019 Tudor Blackbay GMT, to put the funds towards a new IWC Pilot Chronograph. I've never sold anything on Chrono24, only bought. Am i right in thinking that the commission rate on Chrono24 is 6.5%? I have sent off an email to Pride & Pinion and am waiting to see what they come back with, although i think they charge 15%.

Has anyone any advice on Chrono24 or Pride & Pinion?

I will throw an add up here and if anyone is interested we can have a chat. I don't really want the hassle of advertising on Adverts, and dealing with low ball offers. There does be some real time wasters on Adverts.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I've sold on Chrono24 a few times. You'll likely get a few chancers there too, and they don't seem to allow private sellers to set a fixed price which is annoying. And a few people who'll suggest a price, and then ignore the offer when it's sent to them - even if it's the f'ing price that they suggested.

I do/did feel the same way about Adverts, but I usually give it a go first even if it's just for a couple of weeks. If it saves you the commission and the hassle of getting a courier (I've found it's usually around the 150 mark to send watches like yours to Europe), then it can be worth dealing with the silly offers.

Advertisement