Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ascot 2023

Options
  • 19-06-2023 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭

I'll be doing my usual pots scoop6 for this festival and a few singles/ew/L15bets only one more sleep heres my picks for D1

Ascot1 Inspiral, asadna/fandom/givemethebeatboys, manaacan/highfieldprincess/dramatised, chaldean/isaacshelby/mostabshir, biringonthenight/novellegend, buckaroo/saga, vauban

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭gazza1

Doubled BOTN and VAUBAN earlier in the week. 11/4 and 9/4. I'd say if BOTN wins Vauban could end up evs or odds on.

Day 1 bets

2.30 Inspiral

Best when fresh. Modern Games is by Dubawi who has yet to win this race as a Sire.

Don't give the rest much of a chance but had a small ew on Triple Time 33s who will be much more at home on a firmer surface.

3.05 River Tiber

Has more experience than most having run twice. Draw is always key sometimes it favours high numbers and sometimes low but he's drawn 5 and low numbers have won 3 of the last 5.

Asadna may have clocked a great time but he's had a setback which is why he went out to 4s on Sunday. Must be OK cos he's still running but it can't be ideal prep nonetheless.

3.40 Mitbaahy ew

Not going to get involved too much on this one as I just don't know enough about the aussie sprinters but will assume they won't be far away.

Mitbaahy may have been 5th on reappearance but was drawn on the wrong side of the track but came out on top from that side.

4.20 Issac Shelby ew

Think both Gunineas winners are worth taking on and it was a toss up between my selection and Mostabshir who was very impressive when winning lto. But I went for IS as he's already got Group 1 experience and was a little unlucky in the French guineas. 9/1 is generous I think.

5.00 Bring on the Night

2nd last year and hasn't run again since to obviously protect his mark. Fitness won't be an issue for him coming from that yard and he won't be facing anything like Coltrane this year.

But should he bomb I've had an ew saver on Law of the Sea at 11/1. Trainer Ian Williams has won this race twice before and this horse will be spot on for this.

5.35 Buckaroo

Just think he's ahead of these. Was 4th in a group 1 lto and now runs in Listed class. Ground shouldn't be an issue either.

6.10 Vauban

Just can't see anything beating him. He's so we'll handicapped.

One horse though that I've taken ew is Raymond Tusk at 33/1 who was 4th in the race last year and is 4lbs lower this year.

Good luck with your bets

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

Just finished Frankies book Leapoffaith D1 e/w Frankie L15, Inspiral, Givemethbeatboys, Chaldean, Saga

d1 scoop6 asadna/givemethebeatboys, manaacan/highfieldprincess/dramatised, chaldean/isaacshelby, callingthewind/bringonthenight, saga, vauban

• Registered Users Posts: 23,826 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

365 offering a betboost of 25% on the 2.30

getting over 3/1 on Inspiral was quite happy to be getting 5/2 as it was

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

Skybet money back as cash if 2nd, 3rd , 4th in that also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭del roy

Some tips from paid tipsters lets see how they get on

2.30 Light Infantry 18/1 e/w bet365/betvictor 4 places

3:05 Ascot

BUCANERO FUERTE 16/1 generally - 0.5 POINTS E/W (5 places, 1/5 odds)

BOBSLEIGH 18/1 generally - 0.5 POINTS E/W (5 places, 1/5 odds)

A bit like the first race where we have 3 horses in the race who are very strong in the market and then the rest, according to the betting, have no hope.

The strong favourite is the Aiden O'Brien trained horse, River Tiber, who no doubt deserves to be favourite and will be a hard horse to beat. If I was asked who I think will win the race, then I would probably say River Tiber, but I would want at least 11/4 to get involved and at 15/8, I can't back him at that price. He has won both his starts over in Ireland but his last win was not as convincing as his price suggested, although this step up to 6f will no doubt help.

Asadna has been all the rage recently after winning a race at Ripon very impressively. Trouble is winning a race at Ripon is a lot different to winning a race at Royal Ascot and if they thought he was that good, surely he would have started off in a better race.

I am happy to play two horses in this race both at nice prices in BUCANERO FUERTE and BOBSLEIGH.

We will start with BUCANERO FUERTE who was a good winner at the Curragh in March, winning by 3 lengths on Soft ground. Although he won on soft ground, I think he will be an even better horse on this better ground. They have not run him since as they must feel it was not needed but the manner in which he won, tells me BUCANERO FUERTE is a very good horse. If this horse was trained by Aiden O'Brien and came into this race after one run like he has, he would not be 16/1.

BUCANERO FUERTE is trained by Adrian Murray and is from a lovely family. He is a full brother to the decent Beat Le Bon who accumulated over £300k in prize money so we know he is from good stock.

He will also progress nicely and I have no doubt he will outrun his huge odds. 12/1 E/W.

BOBSLEIGH is another horse who is overpriced and much of that is down to being trained by a lesser trainer in Eve Johnson Houghton. BOBSLEIGH was a good winner at Epsom last time out in the Woodcote Stakes and you can even mark the performance up, as he had to come around the whole field and still won going away.

That race is a good race and often you find horses who go on to Royal Ascot and win or place. Over the last 10 years that race has produced 3 Royal Ascot winners in Pinatubo who went on to win the Chesham Stakes, Burratino who went on to win this race back in 2015 and Baitha Alga who won the Norfolk Stakes in 2014.

I have checked the times of Burratino against BOBSLEIGH when both won the Woodcote Stakes, on exactly the same ground, and and just 0.17 seconds separate them. Buratino won in 1m 8.82s while BOBSLEIGH won in 1m 8.99s and you could argue that BOBSLEIGH had to cover more ground given he went on the outside.

Other horses in the past 10 years who have won the Woodcote and gone on to run well at Royal Ascot are Oscula (3rd Albany Stakes 2021), Cardsharp (3rd Norfolk Stakes 2017). That means that at least 50% of the winners of the Woodcote Stakes have gone on to Royal Ascot and at least placed.

That stat alone means BOBSLEIGH is great value at the price. E/W.

3:40 Ascot.....HIGHFIELD PRINCESS 9/4 generally - 1.5 POINTS WIN

My NAP of the week is HIGHFIELD PRINCESS and I would be very surprised if she is beat here. She is 5/2 but I would back here at anything all the way down to 7/4, I think she is that far ahead of the field.

In my opinion this is as weak a Group 1 that you will see all week and it really is not going to take a lot of winning.

She has had one run this season when 2nd at York in the Clipper Stakes. She drifted badly in the market that day and was only 80% fit, yet still nearly won the race. It was clearly only a run to get her 100% for this race.

She is back down in trip to 5f which is a trip that saw her win the Nunthorpe Stakes at York and Flying Five at the Curragh last year.

She will no doubt travel through the race extremely well and in my opinion it is all about just pushing the button and setting off for home.

It is her race to lose and with no real superstars or proper group 1 horses in the race, this really should be a formality. WIN.

In the Ascot Stakes (5.00)….I’m backing FLEURMAN at the 25s in tomorrow’s Ascot Stakes….

There’s no point starting off on the back foot….

He’s third in the weight list on his mark of 99….

…. and he looks high up in the pecking order for a horse that’s done all his best work to date on a sand surface….

…. but he’s been a massive improver on the AW this year for trainer Olly Murphy….

…. and he showed last time – going down a length in a valuable race at Newcastle – that he’s capable of taking a big handicap pot….

He will need to improve again. That’s for certain. But given how much Murphy’s improved the horse on sand since inheriting him from Ralph Beckett….

…. I wonder how much more improvement might still be found back on a turf surface….

Fleurman’s only had six goes on turf – despite being a 5yo – and could still have more to give…. …. especially at tomorrow’s longer trip….

If the 2m4f trip suits….…. and Fleurman’s always doing his best work at the end of stamina sapping races over 2m….…. the extra yardage will see him to best effect yet….

6.10 alright sunshine 2pts e/w 50/1 all paying 5 places

I have to say Raymond Tusk was my long term fancy for this but then he was given draw 18 I left it alone. I know ALRIGHT SUNSHINE is 10LB worst off with RT however you get fooked about so much from that wide draw. Lat yaers first 10 home were drawn

5....Alright Sunshine........Towards rear, not clear run over 2f out, soon pushed along and outpaced, rallied inside final furlong, went fourth towards finish.

18....Raymond Tusk....Towards rear, not clear run over 2f out, soon pushed along and outpaced, rallied inside final furlong, went fourth towards finish

I do know 10LB is a huge turn around over these distances however ALRIGHT SUNSHINE has run in this race twice finishing 4th and 8th and did not get a clear run in either race, the stable have kept him for this race and at 50s I will take the chance he is 4th or 5th.

• Advertisement

Don't give the rest much of a chance but had a small ew on Triple Time 33s who will be much more at home on a firmer surface.

That pays for the day 👍

Really impressive from Paddington

Day 2

Skipping the first race anything can happen but will keep close eye as to what side they come down today. Yesterday low numbers had a big advantage so we'll see if the same applies today.

3.05 Adelaise 6/1

Joseph has a strong hand in this race but I think this fella with luck in running can come out on top. Should have won lto and should have also won at Chelmsford last season which is why I say luck in running.

3.40 skipping this too.

4.20 My Prospero 4/1

Ran a cracker on reappearance over an inadequate distance. Step up today is what he needs and should be spot on for this.

5.00 Dunum 11/1 ew 6 places

Totally sick he's shortened so much in the last day or so but has an outstanding chance and based on yesterday's races we'll drawn in 11.

I'm sure the trainer wouldn't be sending him over without thinking he's got a good chance.

He beat Adelaise lto so should she oblige in the 3.05 can only help.

Will only get involved in the last 2 depending how I get on with the above first

Good luck with your bets.

ASCOT2' Balsom/crimsonadvocate/gottoloveagrey, crystalcaprice/tarrab/ladyeros, honeygirl/jumbly, luxembourg, blueforyou/astroking, gregory/pekingopera

Scoop6 crimsonadvocate/gottoloveagrey, crystalcaprice/ladyeros, honeygirl/jumbly, blueforyou/astroking, gregory/pekingopera, barnwellboy/maximumimpact

Listening to SSR and it sounds like high numbers will fare best today

• Advertisement

Bookies benefit day yesterday hopefully today is better

2.30 Malc 25/1 ew

Fahey has won the last 2. Won his only start and worth a go at the odds.

3.40 Warm Heart 12/1 ew

Think he can confirm placings with Bluestocking over this extra distance but fav should be too good.

4.20 Subjectivist 9/1 ew

If returning to form of 2021 I think he'll have too much for this field

5.00 Fort Vega 20/1 ew

Has won last 2 and still progressing. Big field and plenty of luck in running required.

Also, interesting to see Mark Prescott's only runner of the day lines up in the 8.20 at leopardstown.

Although I've been told to back Hanlons in the race.

I'll see how I get on today first.

Good luck

Malc 2nd sp 66/1 👍

Money came for Warm Heart and he scoots in. 👍

Glad I got the 12s

Day 4

Before I put my selections up is there no one else with an opinion ?

There's enough views !!

2.30 Navassa Island 5/1

Very unlucky on debut. Penny dropped too late. Should put things right here.

3.05 Lezzoo 8/1 ew

Just think LBB is worth taking on.

3.40 Nagano 12/1 ew

Yes off the track for 2yrs but still only 5 and yard have kept faith.

Dutched

Queen for You

Sounds of Heaven

5/1

Not been impressed by Tahiyra in both runs this season and worth opposing

Not decided on other races yet but might go for murtagh in the 5.00

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Lionel Fusco

14.30 Carlas Way 9/2

15.05 Ocean Quest 16/1

15.40 Hms President 10/1

16.20 Queen for you 9/1

17.35 Artistic Star 5/1

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ballabriggs

17.00 Marksman Queen EW

17.35 Harry Brown. EW

Ascot D4 pot

Navassaisland/portafortuna, littlebigbear, teumessiasfox/okitasushu/alnafir, queenforyou/tahiyra, Jackieoh/clounmacon, arrest/artisticstar/continouts

the S6 Navassaisland/portafortuna, littlebigbear, teumessiasfox/okitasushu/alnafir, Jackieoh/clounmacon, arrest/kingofsteel, frankness/harrybrown

e/w bets on portafortuna, clounmacon, , frankness

WIN Tahirya

Another look at finalday Ascot

Ascot pearlsandrubies, enfjar/covey, highfieldprincess/kinross, deauvilllegend/freewind,probe /mumstipple/khanjar, canute/llionofwar/ziryab,

Scoop6 pearlsandrubies, enfjar/covey, highfieldprincess/kinross, ,mumstipple/khanjar, canute/llionofwar/ziryab, dawnrsing/goshen/runforoscar

2.30 Snellen ew

3.05 Covey

3.40 Wellington

4.20 Free Wind

5.00 Fresh Mr Wagyu both ew

5.35 Cuban Dawn ew 4

6.10 Dawn Rising win The Grand Visir ew

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ballabriggs

2.30 Sayedaty Sadaty ew

3.05 The Antarctic

3.40 Kinross

4.20 Free Wind

5.00 Kings Lynn ew

5.35 Ziryab

6.10 Stratum

• Advertisement

Get in Cromwell !!!!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Internet is acting up here in the south of France but Valiant Force and Khadeem should both win

Advertisement