Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revenue : Cannot register another job or pension

Options
  • 18-06-2023 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭

Hi.

I am an agency temp at the moment on a temp contract.

I worked with the same agency earlier on this year working a separate temp contract. This contract expired end of April and recieved my last wage in May. This employment is "Ceased" on Revenue.

Now when I try to add this new agency job to MyAccount on Revenue, it gives me the error message;

"Cannot register job or pension at this time"

"You cannot register another job or pension with (Employer Name) at this time".

Anyone know what causes this error?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭nhg

The reason you are getting this error is be because it should be your employer registering the new employment not you.

It’s only your 1st job that you should register to activate the rate band & tax credits all subsequent jobs should be registered by the employer even though lots of employers tell the employee to register the job themselves.

If possible, make sure your previous job is ceased before your new job is registered, that way your rate band & tax credits will automatically move across to your new employment & prevent you being taxed incorrectly otherwise you will have to transfer them yourself on MyAccount or ring revenue to transfer them for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,671 ✭✭✭Xander10

I recently registered a new employment myself once I had the employer number, so it is possible

Absolutely, it’s no problem to register a new employment but that doesn’t make it the correct thing to do…. As I said above, it’s only the 1st employment that a taxpayer should ever register, all subsequent employments should be registered by the new employer.

The OP already worked for this employer & the employment is now ceased - the system will not allow the OP to register another employment with the same employer in the same year, the employer will have to register it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,671 ✭✭✭Xander10

If he rang revenue he could set it up on a week one basis.

I was nearly 4 weeks into a new job and no sign of the new employment added, so I took it upon myself to add the new employment via revenue's Myaccount to avoid being on emergency tax, with pay day looming

Revenue won’t register the employment, the employer will register the employment when processing payroll.

• Advertisement
Advertisement