Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield Bad Company

Options
  • 18-06-2023 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭

Whats the story with the Bad company series ? I heard that EA is shutting down multiplayer for both games in december and there will be only singleplayer. I love Battlefield Bad Company 1 and 2 with a passion ! I hate to see that the multiplayer for these games will be gone, Like its a shame to see such classic games have the multiplayer cut. So, I'm just wondering does anyone know why the games multiplayer is getting shutdown ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

they're just cutting out old games really.

If you really fancy battlefield try battlebits...its a low polygon game suporting upto 254 players and its basically Battlefield 2 etc. not as detailed but looks like great fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭STEE

Ahh yeah I heard about that game. It looks fun, So what if it's low polygon. Graphics are not what makes a game good, It's also nice that it supports 254 players. I seen a video on me phone the other day saying the game made 27 million and only three people made the game. After Steam took its cut, They made 9.something million between the three of them.

Jesus does steam take that much?

no wonder Gabe never bothered finishing HL3

Actually steam take 30 % so the developers would have been left with 18.9 million.

not bad for 3 blokes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 darbyy4singler

that's very sad to hear, I've always enjoyed playing multiplayer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 ChicoCannon

They are hands down the best campaigns in the BF series not that, that is too hard to be fair, when they actually give us one. On top of that they have some of the best BF maps of all time which seldom get remade for some reason. The majority of BF players would love the return to that universe but for some reason EA and most developers these days see intent on not giving people what they want so they can just do the yearly rince and repeat.

While i have actually liked the new MW3 on the whole, the campaign was a joke (clearly the DLC (not standalone game) it was initially supposed to be and all the launch maps were remakes of old ones. Terminal has returned finally despite people constantly asking for it its taken this long because they just dont care anymore, gaming is becoming very bland in this current gen.

Advertisement