Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel or 3/4 guitar

Options
  • 17-06-2023 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Thinking of upgrading my guitar but wondering, as a female on the small side, is it worth getting a 3/4 or travel guitar? Are they easier to play?

Comments

Any use for a child’s classic guitar, I won one in a raffle complete with carrier case? Looking for a home for anyone wanting a small guitar in Dublin,

I have small hands myself, have an electric guitar which is easy for small hands as neck is narrow. An adult classic guitar has a wide neck, had one years ago, just too wide for my small hand, so I went for the much easier electric.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 gtob2019

Thanks for that - don't think I'm looking for classic guitar and not Dublin based - hopefully you'll find a good home for it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

Depends on budget.

for an acoustic, a baby Taylor or a Sheeran would be worth a look.

I have just rebuilt a silly toy electric that had the frets and the bridge in the wrong places so was untunable.

New fingerboard and bridge and its the same scale length as a regular guitar with a Capo on the 7th fret.

Heavy strings, tuned to E as normal, and it works!

I know folk with small hands who play regular guitars, but whatever you're comfortable with.

Advertisement