Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wimbledon resale tickets for unsuccessful ballot

Options
  • 17-06-2023 9:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

I have a pretty specific question...

I did the Wimbledon ballot this year, and was unsuccessful. So I got an email with a link to a resale ticket page, which I believe can only be used by those who were unsuccessful in the ballot. So far so good.

Even better, I bought 2 tickets for centre court. I'll be going, but I would really prefer to go on a different day. When I go back to that ticket resale site, I keep seeing tickets available but when I click in it says "there are insufficient tickets to fulfill your selection".

What I'm wondering is: am I being refused because I already bought 2 tickets via this route? Or is it just a glitch/bug in the process that leaves the site offering tickets when they have already gone?

I suspect it's the latter, but any info greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭gipi

It might mean that there aren't 2 seats together (I've seen that wording on other ticket sites). What happens if you try to buy one ticket, not 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭xabi_a

The only options in the dropdown are 0 or 2 tickets. It's really strange, the same page shows other ticket offers as "Sold out", but this particular item has been "available" for about 1 day now. But always when I "add to cart" it just refuses.

I think there's something up with their system. Which is surprising since they are normally so well organised.

EDIT: On further research, I see a help page that says "strictly only one pair of tickets per household". So I guess that's probably the reason. It would be nice for them to indicate that though :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 loutenn

Hi,

I just got access to that link yesterday following an enquiry and have the same problem.. showing as if tickets available on certain days but not there when I try to buy. I don’t have any other tickets. Lucky you to have one pair 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Pepsicass

When you see "insufficient tickets" it does mean that it's sold out. It's just that it hasn't been updated with the"sold out" banner.

If tickets were available it would say something like "you have already purchased two tickets which is the max".

I was very lucky to get two tickets for the day I hoped but it takes a lot of checking the site and patience.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Wrong thread.

• Advertisement
Advertisement