Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hearts of Iron 4; Irish mod

Options
  • 16-06-2023 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,480 ✭✭✭✭

Stumbled across the trailer for this mod over on Reddit. I own HOI4, but I have less than 20hrs on the game to date.

I keep getting distracted by shooters and other stuff when I start the game. As anyone who's played it knows, it is a very cerebral endeavour.

Which brings me to soon to launch mod below. It could perhaps have a more Hibernian name🤔 but? Just including the Limerick Soviet is a plus for me. It might just be the hook that sucks me in to more regular play.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭romperstomper

Just picked up "arsenal of democracy" for 2.50 on a gog sale. It's a standalone hoi 2 mod. I bought it as the gateway drug to get into the hoi series (I want more passive gameplay), but it's still overwhelming for me. Anything to do besides trawling through YouTube to familiarize myself?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,480 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I'm old school when it comes to learning how to play. If I can't read it, it won't sink in 😞and it also makes it easier to rinse and repeat a step until I learn. To that end, I do find r/HOI4 and r/HeartsofIron over on Reddit to offer decent info, but even there it very often ends with a link to a video.

I agree with a lot of that. I also own HOI3 but was totally turned off by it's lack of useful tutorial. AoD at least has at least a barebones tutorial. Does HOI4 have a decent tutorial? It's only a tenner for the base game and I don't mind picking it up if it will help me "get into" the series

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,200 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

The ingame tutorial has been rendered worse than useless by regular updates. This is a little old but recent enough to get your started:

It's probably got the best DLC policy of the Paradox titles where the DLC's focus on countries for the most part rather than mechanics. A wonderful game and well worth a punt if you have even the slightest interest in WW2.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

I appreciate the reply. I picked up a standalone HoI2 game "Darkest Hour". It's really excellent. Tutorial is light but the pdf is nearly 200 pages of quality. Highly recommended if anyone gets the chance to pick it up in a sale. I got it on gog for 2 quid

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,200 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Advertisement