Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thunderstorm May 2001

Options
  • 16-06-2023 9:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭

I might be out with the year but I think it was 2001. Does anyone remember this?We had a thunderstorm courtesy of Biscay. The lightning display that night was just brilliant , there was constant fork lightning in almost every direction and it went on for over an hour. It was the type of display you would be more used to seeing on the continent. I remember waking up my father in the early hours to see it. He was glad I did so!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

I remember it. The storm built up just to my north that late evening the thunder was constant. Lightning for much the night but it was always to the north of me. I don't recall any rain from it.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

That's right, there was sod all rain with it. What a lightning display, though! I had never seen anything like it before and to be honest I have not seen anything like it since. It would be great if we could get organised thunderstorms coming up from Biscay at some stage this summer.

Advertisement