Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cutting Leylandii Hedge

Options
  • 15-06-2023 9:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭

Total novice here, ive a Leylandii hedge past ten years which was cut once a year by local landscaper to about 8 foot height , hes retired and neighbour with hedgecutter did it as favour last year but not so sure hes keen to do it annually.

My question is - In Lidl this week i see gardening stuff and there is a 40V Cordless Multi Purpose Tool that says hedge cutting,strimmer,pole saw etc as its function for 179.99, would this do my job cutting a Leylandii hedge once or twice a year if i get it ? ...or is there something better or more heavy duty id need ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Exiled1

Whatever you do, don't allow this godawful hedge to go higher than 8ft.

Any strimmer will do. Best to cut it in November-December and you will probably get away with an annual trim.

Advertisement