Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duty free cigs - Portugal to Belfast

Options
  • 14-06-2023 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,821 ✭✭✭✭

I have a mate going to Portugal for 10 days and he's flying from and returning to Belfast. From a wee bit of googling it looks like the allowance is 200 cigs per person. Would this be correct?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

No, Northern Ireland counts as the EU for customs purposes so there's no duty free. That means there's no specified legal limit on goods transported for personal use by their owner, but 800 cigarettes is the no-questions-asked maximum. Link.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,821 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Thanks for that and apologies for the slow response but I never got an email confirmation of a reply.

Yeah, I actually saw that page but then other Google results were showing 200 as being the limit. But it seems fairly clear cut though.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,821 ✭✭✭✭muffler

If it's any help to other smokers out there the carton of B&H gold is E61

Advertisement