Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bray aquathon is on today

Options
  • 14-06-2023 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭

i was a bit shocked when i looked at the howth aquathon results yesterday and saw only 11 people in the top 40 were under 40 years of age.

apart from the sport getting older since i started tri and i seem to be always in the age groups that has the most participants . one has to assume it has a bit to do with entry fees that have gone up quite a bit . so i guess it would be good to highlight a race such as bray aquathon that is 20 euro entrance fee and has nice soup and sandwiches at the finish line and is easy to reach and is the most easy to enter race in ireland . turn up pay your 20 euro and race. i belive they have 3 races on this year, google is your firend and if menory serves me right if you enter 3 races its 50 euro .

no need to bash other races as organicing races is not easy but i guess this race deserves a shout out. as we have lost enough wednesday multisport races in dublin area in the last few years.

Comments

Advertisement