Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adolescent Internet Addiction - Research opportunity

Options
  • 14-06-2023 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi folks,

Forgive me if this is the wrong space for this sort of thing.

I am a master's student at Maastricht University in the Netherlands. At the moment I am seeking participants, aged 16 and above, for a study on young people's relationship to the internet. More specifically, we are investigating the influence of parenting (you guys!) and personality on young people's likelihood to develop internet addiction and whether certain personality traits might protect against this. Internet addiction is a global public health concern and has been linked to academic problems as well as negative health concerns such as anxiety and depression.

The study has full ethical approval from my university. Data is collected through online survey and is completely anonymised. The link to participate can be found by clicking on my profile.

Please share with your teen or young adult children if the topic is of interest to you and help contribute to growing knowledge in this field!

Thank you very much,

Darragh

Advertisement