Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funding and prudent financial management of a property portfolio - ideas and suggestions please

Options
  • 13-06-2023 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi there.

I am keen to understand the best way to fund / and efficiently manage revenue for a planned property portfolio

There are two parts to my query: how to fund it, and how to manage the earnings.

1 - I outright own an apartment. I intend to liquidate it to release 400k net in funds. With this I aim to purchase several properties. I guess 4, where I can use 100k to put down 25% for each and expect to earn circa 2200 per month gross for each. Is this a realistic idea and will banks be open to this lending scenario. (I could go interest only or pay down capital - either works)

2 - Should I set up a limited company to do this to ringfence earnings. I intend not to pay myself a directors wage as it will be caught in 52% tax due to my PAYE earnings already pushing income to that level. I will use earnings for more investments which will potentially include properties or stocks / shares.

2(a) - If I don't intend access the funds until retirement, am I better to put this into a self managed pension where income is further more tax efficient? Or are there other options?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

Advertisement