Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATI apprenticeship program interview questions

Options
  • 12-06-2023 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi everyone! I was sent an invite for a pre-recorded interview. Does anyone what questions to prepare for? Any tips and advice?

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,000 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

To be brutally honest, I would not consider any employer who uses such a technique to filter out candidates and that is what it is - filtering out with the least effort. Both parties are expected to be on their best behaviour during the recruiting process and if they treat you with such disrespect at this stage I would not hold out much hope for how they would treat you later.

I am involved with graduate recruiting and there is a growing trend of graduates refusing/ignoring employers who do this. Hopefully the message will get through.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 AudreyKey

Hi Jim,

Thanks a mill for your reply, I totally agree!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,013 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Sorry to sound stupid. But what's a pre recorded interview?

To thine own self be true

The platform that’s used is VidCruiter, as far as I understand the questions are pre-recorded, and from what I understand, I’ll have 90 seconds to read a question, 90 seconds to record it and 3 attempts to record an answer. I haven’t tried it yet, so I can’t tell more.

Are all industries using this now?

Wow, this is a new low! It's like a screening process.

As for your question re questions to get expected. I'd imagine the questions asked would be similar to a face to face interview?

But like above, if the company can't be bothered meeting potential future employees, it doesn't bode well.

• Advertisement

I am preparing for competency questions, fingers crossed

Use the STAR technique when preparing each answer.

Good luck.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,000 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Basically you are making a YouTube video for them to watch later like they do any other video. And they will, probably unintentionally, react in the same way - move on after the first 10 seconds if they don't like what they see.

The reality is that the people who will past that filter are the ones that know and can practice the art of making an attention grabbing YouTube video and that means you are going to have to sell yourself in the first 10 seconds, because most of the rest of what you say and do will never get heard.

I'd only consider an employer who engages in this kind of thing if I did not have any alternative and I'd be looking for another employer from day one.

Advertisement