Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue with dock casting Switch onto TV

Options
  • 12-06-2023 12:46pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So my son has a Switch, and in fairness it's got a few knocks here and there but still seems to work fine in handheld mode.

Only issue now is when he tries to play in on a TV via the dock, it mostly doesn't work, but then if I do a full shutdown and restart, it seems to work and cast onto the TV, but within about 3-5 minutes, it goes again and TV screen goes blank and he's back to playing in handheld mode!!

It's recognising the dock as anytime the console is inserted into the dock the screen goes blank and it starts charging...

I've tried on different TV's, and used different HDMI cables... and no difference! I really want to get him playing on the TV again as I don't like him spending too much time looking at the smaller Switch screen..

Anyone else encounter this issue? and if so know of a solution to fix?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,545 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Was about to say try different hdmi cable as we had the same issue but fixed it with a different hdmi cable.

Does he have a friend with a Switch that you could try a different dock and cable set that does work ? Then you'd know whether it was the switch or the dock.

Advertisement