Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Half-platform pedal recommendation?

Options
  • 11-06-2023 9:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭

Long time eggbeater user, but for convenience I’m looking to switch to a half-platform so I can do short spins with regular shoes.

I don’t mind changing pedal system, but no idea what’s good these days.

Any specific recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭8valve

Shimano (M324) and BBB (DualChoice) both do a pedal that's flat one side and SPD on the other, without breaking the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Shotser

On my commuter I had Shimano SPD A-530 for a long time but the flat side was not grippy at all. I think they have addressed this in the latest version by adding pins to the flat side. I am running Shimano T8000 at the moment and love them, both sides, but they are pricey. On the MTB I have Nukeproof Horizon CS Pedals which give a good bit of pedal to stand on if you miss clipping in but the SPD mechanism is proud of the platform so not really an option with regular shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭saccades

Shimano xt trekking

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭mitchelsontour

Crankbrothers have the double shot pedal no need to change pedal system.

Advertisement